This week is Atlanta Beer Week. The Great Decatur Craft Beer Festival at The Old Courthouse Square in Decatur, Ga., for which Ticket Alternative handled the tickets, and which sold out in record time, takes place this Saturday from 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. In honor of these things, all of the employees of Ticket Alternative took a beer quiz at our Tuesday morning meeting. Gift cards to Hop City were given out the person with the most correct answers, and to the person with the funniest answers. See how well you can do below!
1. Name the four basic ingredients in beer.
2. All beers can generally be classified into one of these two categories.
3. From which single ingredient does the dominant flavor of an IPA stem?
4. Name a Belgian style (not brand) of beer.
5. True or False: The darker a beer is, the more alcoholic it is.
6. Name four well known American craft breweries.
7. What is a Traopist beer?
8. Which ingredient gives beer its bitterness?
9. What happens during fermentation?
10. Why is beer traditionally bottled in brown glass bottles?
11. Mainstream American beers, such as Budweiser, Miller, and Coors, are loosely based on what classic European style?
12. What is a Hefeweizen?
13. What makes a dark beer dark?
14. Name a style (not brand) of beer that is typically over 8% alcohol.
Check the answers after the jump, as well as some of the more amusing (though far less correct) replies… Read more about We Celebrate Atlanta Beer Week with a Beer Quiz! …