HBO’s Boardwalk Empire is a huge success right now and while we could do without all of the organized crime, it would be fun to get dressed up and enjoy the Prohibition-era theme! On Friday, October 19th, 8:00 PM, at Mercedes Benz of Buckhead, you can step back in time and enjoy the perfect 1920’s casino night from Atlanta Symphony Associates!
The Casino Night benefits Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and its education and community engagement programs. The evening, “Take a walk down Boardwalk Empire,” will feature a variety of Vegas games — including poker, blackjack, craps, and roulette. Due to the success of last year’s Casino Night, the number of gaming tables for this year’s event has been doubled. DJ J.J. will provide the tunes and appetizers will be catered by Red Sky Tapas & Bar of Marietta. Of course, alcohol is a key component at a Prohibtiion-Era party and Vixen Vodka will serve the “Vixeon Royale” as the signature drink of the evening.
The grand prize of the evening is a one-week stay at Le Pechoir — a “petite maison de village (small village house)” located in Haut de Cagnes and overlooking the historic town of Cagnes sur Mer, the majestic Mediterranean Sea, and the legendary Côte d’Azur.
Other prizes will include:
• A two-night luxury stay at the AAA Five Diamond Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Miami, including a one-hour couples’ massage experience in a VIP couples suite
• A signed guitar by Phish’s Trey Anastasio
• Two tickets to Manheim Steamroller at the Fox Theatre
• A one-night stay at the Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton Buckhead, and a cottage suite at Barnsley Gardens
• A Dog Lover’s gift package, which includes services at Doguroo full-service dog daycare, a gift certificate to the Whole Dog Market, and a complimentary wellness exam at PetWell Veterinary Healthcare.
Proceeds from the 2012 Casino Night will benefit the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and its Education and Community Engagement Programs, which include initiatives such as the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra and Talent Development Program, as well as support partnerships with local community institutions and create a wide variety of musical and educational experiences for citizens of all ages.
Prohibition era attire is the appropriate dress for the evening. Flapper dresses and fedoras are strongly encouraged!
For more information about Atlanta Symphony Orchestra click here!