By Gini Strobel
Hey All You Shuckers! Steamhouse Lounge Oysterfest, one of my favorite Atlanta events, is just around the corner and offers up 2 days of serious fun. This is the original and best Oysterfest in town and it’s been happening every year for 26 years! That’s older than some of the attendees at the festival. Here are my Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Attend the Steamhouse Lounge Oysterfest (not that I need to do any convincing)!
1. It’s a great way to find out if the person you are dating is high maintenance. Oyster shuckin’ is fun and messy! Roll up your sleeves and dive in.
2. Lots of cold Budweiser.
3. The Food! Oyster Buckets, heaping piles of the freshest Gulf Coast Oysters, just roasted! Oh so tasty! Don’t miss, Steamhouse’s legendary lobster bisque! Sister restaurants Fontaine’s Oyster House, Highland Tap and Vickery’s Glenwood Park will be on site as well serving up more local favorites!
4. JAGERMEISTER and Full Liquor Bars! Do I need to elaborate?
5. 2 Days of Live Music: Saturday: Sailing to Denver, Treedom, All The Locals, Neil Cribbs, and Southside of the Tracks. Sunday: The Western Sizzlers, AM Gold, Kevin Kinney, and Revival.
6. Marta is super close.
7. A portion of the proceeds go to Embraced Atlanta, a special non-profit that provides assistive mobility devices and prosthetic medical equipment to individuals in need.
8. We’re sick of being indoors, so let’s get outside and enjoy Midtown.
9. Steamhouse knows how to throw a good party! They had record attendance last year.
10. The crowd is exceptional. Tons of cool Atlantans all gathered together to have a great time.
Grab your tickets here and don’t miss the Steamhouse Lounge Oysterfest in Midtown, Atlanta, February 23rd and 24th!